Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend Breakdown

Tuesday morning, we meet again...sigh. Anyway, I have some fun stuff to share about my weekend. On Friday, I learned that I will be taking over someones position at my work. I am excited yet nervous about this news. There has been a lot of new changes at my work because the President was let go and they are working on moving forward and basically reinventing the whole company. With that being said, I believe they are trying to make me a hybrid for two different departments since I did a bunch of everything when I was an intern. So basically, new job...potentially more money??? There are no specific details yet but I will definitely be updating when I find out more information. Cross your fingers!!!! Secondly, approximately 15 min before I left work on Friday the VP came up to me and asked if I was an Orioles Fan (I live in Maryland). I proceeded to pull open my zip-up and show him the Orioles shirt I was wearing. He said "if they win tonight, you are going to the game on Sunday". WHAT?!?! My boyfriend and I are beyond excited because they haven't done this good since like 1994 and it's the playoffs. 




I called to tell my boyfriend to tell him the news and after he expressed his excitement he said my favorite 6 words... "Want to go to Red Robin???" Of course I do!! So I immediately went on the website to pick out my meal. If you eat at Red Robin and haven't been to their Calorie Counter/Nutrition page you really need to check it out. You don't realize how much calories are in everything, it's crazy.







I ended up getting the California Chicken Sandwich. As you can see from the chart above, the original sandwich with the complementary fries totaled to 1177 calories.. that's almost the amount of calories a person should eat for the whole day!! I decided I could do without the bacon and mayo, supplemented the fries for steamed broccoli, and changed my bun into a lettuce wrap. My customized meal totaled up to be only 318 calories... a huge difference! Since I had calculated such a low calorie meal, I allowed myself to split a appetizer with my boyfriend.. mmmm try not to salivate in 3...2...1...






Saturday I worked on updating my blog allllll day. I googled different tips and codes to try and spruce it up. (If anyone has any tip/pointers please let me know!!! I am still so new to thiss) I was trying to change the look of my Blog title but can not figure it out for the life of me. Sunday was game day. We heard there were going to be showers all day but it just looked cloudy  When the time came for us to leave, the forecast showed the rain was moving out so we were beyond excited. We got all suited up in Orioles gear and headed downtown. We arrived around 5pm (game started at 6) and it took us forever to find a spot to park in and the price of parking was ridiculous everywhere, but hey the tickets were free so I can complain too much. We finally made it to our seats which THANKFULLY were under the overlay because it had began to rain... and rain and rain and rain. Game didn't start until 8:40. I was sooo surprised they didn't postpone it for the next day but the skies cleared up and it was time to play ball! The game was close the whole time until the 9th inning when the Yankees smoked us. Overall it was a great game and an fun experience. Since the game was postponed almost 3 hours because of the rain, we didn't end up getting home until 1:30am. We immediately gave the pup some lovin and then went right to sleep. So there's my weekend!! Hope you all enjoyed yours :)

P.S. Walking Dead Starts this Sunday!!!! If you share my obsession, let me know!





                                                          Small Girl in a Big World

No comments:

Post a Comment